The Egyptian Musk Oil was first identified by the ancient Egyptians thousands of years ago and it has become one of the popular oils used in aromatherapy because of its health benefits. Musk is the common ingredient derived from the musk pods found in the Musk deer. The ancient Egyptian had used the natural musk for its complex mix of woody, earthy sharp and pleasant aromas.
The musk oil can also be gotten from other plant sources such as; Ambrette seed, Musktree, Muskflower and Garden Angelica.
Uses of Egyptian Musk Oil
- Add few drops of Egyptian musk oil to the trash, drainage and vacuum bag filter to get a refreshing aroma.
- Add few drops of Egyptian musk oil to the bath water for a refreshing shower.
- This scent is known for its aphrodisiac qualities and is often used in love spells.
- Inhaling the aroma of Egyptian musk oil helps to promote mental and physical well-being.
- It helps to calm and balance emotions.
- It is a powerful deodorant that strengthens with body heat thus masking the smell of sweat.
- It helps to treat infections caused by bacteria, viruses and fungi.
- You can use musk oil as a medicine to stabilize human emotions and relieve skin allergies.
- In Unani medicine, it is used for cough and palpitation treatment.
- Indian Musk obtained from Himalayan musk deer is used to treat cardiovascular issues.
How to Prepare Homemade Egyptian Musk Oil
- The essential oil of cedar wood
- Ambrette seed oil (Musk seed oil) (30 ml)
- Patchouli essential oil (5-6 drops)
- rose petals essential oil (5-6 drops)
- Essential oil of incense (10 drops)
- Essential oil of myrrh (10 drops)
- Amber oil
- Perfume base (120 ml) (You can use jojoba oil or sweet almond oil)
- A large empty bottle
If you decide to use ambrette oil you would not need white musk or synthetic musk for the preparation. You can mix the items to your preference.
- Take a large bottle of perfume, about 250 ml in volume.
- Add 120 ml of jojoba oil, then add 30 ml of ambrette seed oil to the mixture. The ambrette seeds provide the musk scent.
- Add 4-6 drops each of cedarwood, rose, patchouli, and amber essential oil.
- Add 8-12 drops each of frankincense and myrrh essential oil.
The rose and patchouli oil add flowery aroma while cedar wood adds a woody aroma. After mixing all these components you will get the Egyptian Musk oil.
- Do not apply to the eyes and other sensitive areas of the body.
- Use it in moderate amounts.
- Lactating and pregnant mothers should not use it.
Uses of Egyptian Musk in Rituals:
The Egyptian Musk oil is used in rituals on love, personal growth, wisdom, divination and to regain personal strength and confidence. It can also be used to anoint ritual tools. You can purchase well prepared Egyptian Goddess Oil by clicking here.