Reading the Flame
The flames of the candles reveal certain messages and you do not need to be a clairvoyant before you can understand the messages. All you have to do is to light a candle and observe the flame. The behavior of the candle’s flame reveals different secrets.The following are different meanings of ritual flame.
Strong flame: A strong flame tells us that there is a lot of energy, strength and a lot of power involved in the ritual. It tells us that the ritual would be successful.
Weak flame: This means that there are opposing energies fighting against your desires but to get what you want, it would cost you a little.
Clockwise flame: It means the presence of a higher entity that would take care of your wishes.
A counterclockwise flame: If the flame counter clocks when there is no draft: it means a loss of energy. Perhaps this project or idea should be dropped, or this is not the right time … You can try again in a few days or weeks later.
Nervous flame: It is a flame that “jumps” a lot without a stop. This type of flame indicates that there are different energies in play that can influence the final result. It will require even stronger work to channel the energies along the desired path.
Uniform flame: If the flame is pointing directly to the sky, straight and stable, it indicates that the higher entities are near you and are supervising you. It is a positive sign that everything will go well. It means harmony in friendship, tranquility, and happiness in love.
High flame: It is a sign of very good omen, a resounding success. Things are going to go very well and you also have external energies helping you.
When the flame is crackling with a little white smoke:
This indicates that someone is working against you, trying to take revenge and cast a spell on you.
When the flame dances in all directions it means that you should expect problems of any kind.
Torn flame: If the wick of your candle divides or tears the flame: it announces a death of a love one.
Colored Flame: If the flame of the candle takes a bluish or rainbow color it means that you are blessed and a great spiritual being is watching over you.
It means that there is a ghost in the house or the neighborhood.
Flame that suddenly goes out: Sometimes when the candle goes out it is a sign that things will go wrong and unsuccessful. It could even warn us of some danger.
While carrying a ritual if the candle whistles, sizzles or makes other small different noises it is usually interpreted as an attempt by the entities you have called to communicate with you, to give you a sign or to teach you some important things.
Understanding the Smoke
- The candle smoke wafts towards you it means that your prayer is more than likely to be answered.
- For spells to draw love, money, or healing, this is a great sign. It means you will shortly achieve what you desire.
- If the candle smoke from a hexing candle moves toward you (or fills the room), it hints that you will not be able to escape responsibility for the effects of your magick.
- If it wafts away from you, then it means that you will need a great deal of perseverance in order to have your prayer answered.
- Smoke that moves dramatically away from you represents energies that are outward bound.
- In most spells, this is not a good omen. It means that something is escaping your grasp.
- In spells to heal, influence, and manipulate others, the travelling smoke can mean that the working is going as planned. Pay attention to the speed, direction, and shape of the smoke to determine if your magick is on track.
Left or Right
- If the smoke blows to your left “you are getting too emotionally involved with the situation and are in danger of subconsciously sabotaging your own prayer so that it will not be answered.
- If it blows to the right you will need to use your head rather than your emotions to pursue the situation.”