The Palo Santo plant is defined as a magical, mystical, rare, sacred and unique plant gotten from the Bursera graveolens tree. In Spanish, the name literally means “Holy Wood”. It is considered highly spiritual by shamans and healers and has been used in purification rituals for thousands of years.
This plant is part of the citrus family and has sweet notes of pine, mint and lemon. It is related to Frankincense, Myrrh and Copal and can be found on the coast of South America. Palo Santo oil is free from chemicals because harvesters use vapor distillation to prepare essential oils out of its dead trees and branches.
Benefits of Palo Santo
1) This incense is used as a ritual cleanser because it possesses same cleansing properties as Sage and Cedar. Burning of Palo Santo Incense creates a pleasant, fresh smoke that works well in keeping away mosquitoes and other flying insects.
2) Palo Santo has an uplifting scent that raises your vibration during meditation. It brings good fortune and enhances creativity.
3) The use of Palo Santo can boost your immune system from environmental pollution, bad diet, and emotional distress. When used as herbal tea it works as a great detoxification agent.
4) Palo Santo essential oil is used to cure flus, cold and headaches. When used in aromatherapy it helps to calm the nervous system, removes anxiety, depression and uplifts the individual’s physical and mental energy.
5) Due to its composition of large amounts of D-Limonene and Monotropenes, it can be used to alleviate pain and inflammation for cancer patients. However, self-medication isn’t advised so if you must use it as an alternative medicine, a doctor’s prescription is required.
Burning Instructions for Palo Santo Incense
Ignite your Palo Santo Incense stick using a candle, match or lighter then hold it at about 45 degree angle with the tip pointed down toward the flame. Keep it to burn between 30 seconds to one minute then blow out the flame.
Move about your home or work place and let the aroma flow and clear the unwanted energies in the premises. When you are done, place the stick in a fireproof container and allow the glow to vanish gradually. You should burn this incense to bring peace and clarity to your life and surrounding.