Do you want to summon the four elements but don’t know how to go about it? One way to summon help from the elements is to use representations of each element and address the spirits of each element in turn to seek their assistance. When you have finished your task each element is then honored by returning it to the earth.
You will need
- White candle (to represent fire)
- Small bowl of salt or sand (to represent earth)
- Small bowl of water
- Incense such as bergamot (to represent air)
- Light the incense and the candle.
- Bear in mind as you do so at this stage that you are making use of the elements of Fire and Air.
- Call upon the power of these elements.
- Ask for their help in the work you are about to do. Use your own words preferably but do keep it simple. To summon Fire you can say something like:
I request your presence, Oh Spirit of Fire I ask for your help, your power I require.
For Air your words might be:
Come to me now, Oh Spirit of Air
I pray above all for a mind that is clear.
Lift the bowl of salt and likewise invoke the powers of the Earth element.
Approach now I pray, spirit of Earth
Help I do need, and prove now my worth.
Do the same with the water.
Come to me now, Oh, Spirit of Water
My feelings are clear your strength is now sought for.
When you have finished, sprinkle the salt or sand on the earth, pour the water onto the earth, bury the ashes of the incense and snuff out the candle.
Ring of protection
In this method of working you place a protective shield around your home so that no harm can come to either it or the people therein.
You will need
- THE POWER OF YOUR OWN MIND
Visualize a ring of light surrounding your property.
Ask your guardians or favorite deities’ to protect the occupants for as long as necessary.
Reinforce the circle of light whenever you go away or, indeed, whenever you think about it.
It really is that simple!