Oshun is an African Orisha known for bringing peace, love, prosperity and happiness. She is a very beautiful goddess who loves seducing people and casting love spells.
She loves sweet smelling incense, but you must make sure it is of the highest quality that you can afford. You can prepare incense for her using some of the natural herbs that she loves so much.
Below is a basic devotional incense recipe adapted from the western kitchen.
Oshun Incense Recipe
- a handful of Louisa
- 5 spoonful sandalwood powder (African camwood )
- 5 eucalyptus leaves
- a pinch of cinnamon or cloves for Eshu
- 10 spoonful fenugreek
- a spoonful of yellow mustard seeds
- 5 gold leaves or a dash of gold dust
- a small handful of myrrh or copal
- a small handful of dragon’s blood chunks
After you have gathered all your materials then crush all together to form a powder. Consecrate and keep in a cool dry place.
Oshun Oil Recipe
- A 1 inch cinnamon stick,
- 3 guinea peppers,
- 3 English peppers (allspice),
- 3 coffee beans
- a vanilla bean cut into 3 pieces,
- or 3 cloves for Eshu
- 1 liter of sunflower oil
- 1 ml vitamin E oil
- 1/4 cup fenugreek
- 1 handful of louisa or dried orange peels
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 5 freshwater pearls or cowrie shells
- (optional) 1 tablespoon of honey
- (optional) 5 gold leaves
After you have gathered all the ingredients keep them to dry then pour into a large jar or bottle. Add sunflower oil to the mixture then cover the jar with a lid. Keep it in a cool dark place for 5 months. Click here to order for a well prepared Oshun oil.
See Also:Elegua Incense Recipe
Other Tips for Oshun Ritual
Oshun loves to be worshipped with sweet honey. Another technique to use during an Oshun worship ritual is to simply gather 5 sunflowers, place them in a vase with fresh water and add a touch of honey. Place the vase in the center of your room and burn Oshun incense along.
You can perform this during a spiritual bath. Burn some at your front door to draw in her energy. At the end of the ritual do not fail to appreciate her with offerings.
Oshun Prayer Method
You can call on Orisha Oshun by following these simple steps:
- Get a tray and fill it with water and honey.
- Place five yellow flowers into the tray.
- On the brown piece of paper bag, write down your petition.
- Fold it towards you and put it into the center of the tray.
- Get a yellow 7 day glass encased candle.
- Place the candle on top of your petition.
- Then light your incense and say a prayer.
You are expected to burn the candle for 5 days only while asking for help from the River goddess. At the end of the daily ritual, remember to appreciate her and when the ritual is complete, take the flowers, petition and some fresh honey to a running river or stream and “feed” it to Oshun.