Week 5: Luck & Gambling
There’s a lot of information on lock and Road opening. Technically these are also two very different areas when you think about it.
For your weekly activity, choose any activity, spell, Ritual, or even a new curio, to bring luck into your life or to open roads for your benefit.
- Overview of Luck Magic
- Correspondences for luck.
- Road Opening
- Working with Saint Peter or Papa Elegba to Open the Roads
- Curios & Talisman for Luck
- Psalms for Luck
Older Lesson – Miss Melinda
Updated – Savannah Dec 2021
Do you feel lucky? Are you a lucky person? I have an uncle who always wins from $40-$100 playing lotteries each month. He would say that he is not lucky, because he is not winning the jackpot. But still, I think he has luck on his side! So I guess the definition of luck is required before you begin the lesson. What does luck mean to you? What would need to happen before you would call yourself a “lucky witch”?
I feel my luck is created by the small actions I take consistently to bring luck and abundance towards my door. I’ve never been the type of person who wins prizes or is the winner of competitions.
The same can be said with Road Opening. I believe the magic I perform creates opportunities and possibilities that I would not normally have had access to pursue.
Luck magic and road opening can be thought of a
Once known as the “Greater Benefic,” this huge planet presides over luck and good fortune. The position of Jupiter in your natal chart and the aspects it makes to other celestial bodies determines your luck in this lifetime. Have an astrologer cast your natal chart to analyze what sort of fortune you were born with and how best to manifest that luck. Every person’s horoscope charts the gifts and challenges that are present at birth. An astrologer can also calculate your “Part of Fortune,” so as best to exploit luck and minimize those challenges.
Zadkiel, ruler of the planet Jupiter, is the angel of goodness, grace, generosity, and mercy who bestows benevolence, good fortune, and justice. Burn frankincense to attract his attention and then tell him your heart’s desires.
Jupiter’s Lucky Charm
The metal associated with luck is tin, as it is the one under the rulership of Jupiter.
- Cut out a small piece of tin.
- Engrave it with lucky words, numbers, or phrases.
- Put it in a lucky mojo bag and carry it with you.
The lodestone may as well be known as the luck-stone. Few things are as associated with the acquisition of good fortune.
Gather the freshest, most fragrant blossoms you can find. Add them to your bath together with pineapple juice for joy and good fortune.
Lucky Bath: Clover
Make an infusion by pouring boiling water over red clover. Let it cool, strain and add it to a tub filled with warm water so that you’re bathing in clover!
Lucky Bath: Spearmint
Make an infusion by pouring boiling water over spearmint. When it cools, strain out the botanical and add the liquid to your bath.
Cats are the animals most associated with luck and good fortune.
Lucky Cat Spell (1) Bastet Candle
Bastet is the Egyptian goddess of joy, luck, love, and the pleasures of life. She is typically depicted as either a cat-headed woman or as a seated bejeweled cat. Candles are sold in the latter shape, however you may also substitute any green cat candle. (Green is Bastet’s sacred color.)
- Dress the candle with Horn of Plenty Oil. This oil represents Earth’s finest fruits and your wish to partake of them. This is a difficult oil to create from authentic materials because your choice of “fruity” essential oils is limited. Use essential oils of lime, tangerine, and pink grapefruit. Supplement with fragrance oils like cherry, apple, or melon.
- Place a scarab near the candle as it burns.
- Focus on your wishes, desires, and petitions.
- When the candle has burned down, carry the scarab as a charged lucky charm.
Lucky Cat Spell (2) Black Cat
Black cats evoke strong reactions. Some fear them and many still subscribe to the superstition that a black cat crossing one’s path causes bad luck. Ironically, in many traditions black cats are associated with good luck. The black cat is believed to epitomize the cat’s proverbial nine lives.
- Hold a black cat candle in your hands to charge it with your desires.
- Carve it as desired.
- Dress it with Black Cat Oil to provide good fortune and break all hexes, and then burn.
Lucky Cat Spell (3) Seven Eleven Lucky Cat Candle
Anoint a black cat candle with Black Cat Oil and/or Van Van or Magnet Oil. Burn the candle on consecutive nights: seven minutes the first night, eleven minutes the second, seven the third, and so forth until the candle burns down, by which time you should see a change in fortune.
Lucky Charm Bracelet Spell
Charm bracelets go in and out of fashion but their roots derive from magical use, manipulating the secret powers of objects. Lucky charms may be understood as a form of amulet, talisman, or ex-voto.
- Choose a charm that represents your goal.
- At the New Moon place this charm beside a small pink candle.
- Charge the candle with your desire, carve and dress if you like and burn it.
- When the candle burns out, attach the charm to a bracelet.
- Wear it or reserve in a safe place, whatever suits your magic.
- When this goal is achieved, set another goal.
- Choose another charm and begin again. (Should you reconsider and change your mind regarding any goal, merely remove that charm and begin again at the New Moon.)
Carry the botanical devil’s bit so you’ll be a lucky devil, too.
Lucky Golden Handwash
Handwashes are most commonly associated with gambler’s magic. However, handwashes may also be used to provide general, all-around goodfortune.
- Place three or seven strands of saffron in a cup.
- Pour boiling water over it.
- Let it cool, then bottle and refrigerate it.
- Rub the liquid on your hands (do not rinse off) to have and maintain happiness and good fortune.
Burn incense in harmony with astrological signs to bring good luck in all aspects of life.
- Blend the following: cinnamon, labdanum, cloves, violets, lemon zest or lemongrass, jasmine, black pepper, ambrette seeds, rose petals, sandalwood, camphor, and dried currants.
- Burn as incense or simmer to produce aromatic vapors.
Lucky Talismans & Curios
Although the words “amulet” and “talisman” are used somewhat synonymously today, technically an amulet is meant to protect you whereas a talisman magnetically draws some sort of good fortune. Talismans are what are usually meant by the phrase “lucky charm.” The term “talisman” also frequently indicates a specific type of lucky charm: engraved precious stones. However, talismans of good fortune come in many forms, including metal, botanical, and written charms.
Most talismans require no further activation than the usual charging, cleansing, and/or consecrating used for any magical tool. Talismans are usually worn or carried on the person, frequently in a charm bag. Good luck talismans such as these include:
- Devil’s shoestrings roots
- A coin minted in your birth year
- High John the Conqueror root
Some talismans, however, require further activation in order to draw good fortune.
I always have a horseshoe somewhere around my home, and always have one around my money altar. Horseshoes remain among the luckiest charms!
Lucky Written Talisman Archangels’ Names
Talismans frequently take the form of written charms. Sacred words and names radiate their own magical power. The creation of the talisman is perceived as a spell. Traditionally, writing a talisman is preceded by cleansing rites and frequently by fasting, and you should choose your paper and ink thoughtfully.
One talisman uses the names of the archangels. Write on parchment paper the names of the seven Hebrew archangels. This is most effective if written in Hebrew script:
Post the talisman on the wall or carry it within a leather or metal conjure bag.
Psalms for Luck
Years ago, students requested an easier way to remember the Psalms, so we created these videos. Perhaps they could be helpful to you during your luck spells.
Psalm 23: For abundance, good luck, and success
PSALMS 61 Recited when moving into a new home to bless it for good luck